Started Jun 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ryan brown
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Best ONE lense for travel
Jun 10, 2009

I am going on a 2 month tour of SE asia pretty soon and I am thinking hard about my camera setup. I'm new to the SLR world (just 6 months) and would like some advice on what kind of lense would be best for my trip and beyond. I have a a200 and the kit lense (18-70) and a minlota 50mm 1.7.

I'm worried about size and weight and have it in my head that I would like to just bring one lense (comments?). I've been thinking about the sony 18-250 and the 16-105. 18-250 seems super versatile in total range but the 16-105 is wider and maybe sharper. Because I've never used a lense beyond 70mm I am unsure of when that would be useful, this makes it hard to quantify the advantages of the 18-250.

Possible relevant factors:

• I'm open to any advice in general but keep in mind that the budget will only allow for one lense purchase for now.

• I'm moving to British Colombia directly after my trip and will probably be taking quite a lot of mountain/scenery shots.

Thanks,
-rb

I'm pretty new to the SLR world (just 6 months) and I'm looking to buy a len

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
P.S.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow