Started Jun 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mgn2
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Should I get one?
Jun 10, 2009

I used to have an SLR (Canon Rebel) and I was reasonably happy with it. I never got amazing results, but in general they were decent specially in low light situations. I got tired of lugging around a camera bag so I replaced the SLR with a Panasonic TZ5. The P&S camera is great, but useless in low-light situations and for taking pictures that require manual controls for focus, aperture, shutter spead. It also does not do so well above ISO 400. I thought I might go with Nikon this time, as I've heard only good things over Canon. Now I know I could just go and get a D90 and a few lenses, but I'm wondering if that is overkill for me. I am still learning about photography and SLRs and felt like I did not have adequate knowledge the last time I had an SLR. This time I plan on taking a class or two and getting serious. The problem with the D90 for me of course is price, plus I want to be able to take the camera with me while travelling and not worry too much about scratching the body and more importantly having it stolen. So I'd like something cheap, preferably used/refurbished and easily replacable. What should I look at besides the D90? I don't really care too much about megapixels, my main criteria is something that take some rough handling on the road and produces sharp pictures.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow