sx10 gathering Camera settings,after the shot ?

Started Jun 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hamx15
Contributing MemberPosts: 534
Like?
sx10 gathering Camera settings,after the shot ?
Jun 9, 2009

Hi all.....
I with my fairly new SX10,(3 wks) have been shooting and shooting..

So far so good.
I now am outside at night doing the moon....

Naturally I've been using many different settings,trying for that best of the bunch,setting mode,for Moon capture....

After about 40 shots or so,and with the settings scattered around,I'm now at the end of my means trying to ascertain the settings for the 6 or so shots that are perfect....

My question....

How do I retrieve the info available for the settings on particular shots.... ???

I can't seem to be able to do this.

I even (hadn't needed yet) installed the CD that came with the camera,hoping it would show the camera/shot settings.
I didn't see anywhere that this could be done...

I havent yet been able to launch the histogram options in the camera,however I'm not sure if this feature would display the info I am looking for.. In the manual wording the Histogram isn't going to give me what I need.

I need info like,F setting,ISO setting,shutter speed,etc ,etc anything that would be useful,to help recreate the settings again to duplicate the shot.

I suppose if all else fails,I'll start over,this time make a written note,of the settings for each shot....

Very time consuming,then not knowing if any of the shots look good,till they are in the comp....... Dreaded procedure.....
I know that the better shots,were TV mode,Manual mode,or Auto....

Due mainly to those being the only selected areas I used.

I know I'm not shooting Raw,I also know CHDK,isn't avail for my SX10,so that isn't an option....
I only want to know the camera settings for any one shot...

I've seen this info posted with shots done by others,and I've always wondered how the info was gathered...

Or of it was written down (made note of) before the shot.

Thanks for any input.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow