ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Swift1
Regular MemberPosts: 212
Like?
K2000 vs. K10
Jun 4, 2009

Hey all,

I haven't really seen much in the way of direct comparisons between these two cameras so I am hoping people who have used both can help me a bit.

Obviously I understand there are vastly different cameras in some areas but in others they are similar.

First a little background,

I have had a K10 for about 16 months now and really like it and have taken some great photos with it.I have read and learned an amazing amount of great info on this forum in that time. I am thinking of getting a K2000 as a backup body and so that I can possibly send my K10 in for service.

Here are some things that bug me about my K10, and I am wondering if the K2000 is improved in these areas.Keep in mind this is not a rant complaining about the K10.

Auto Focus- It seems to me that my K10 is somewhat inconsistent in focusing. If I do a focus test, everything seems to be fine but if I am out shooting it seems 50% of my pics are OOF. Now this could just be me not being careful enough when I am focusing but it seams that quit often, especially if I am trying to take quick shots, the camera will focus, I will take a photo and it will be OOF.

Would I get better results from a K2000 or does this sound like user error or bad sample?

High ISO noise- Is the K2000 much better than the K10 in the 800-1600 range?

Weight- I really like the idea of a much lighter camera but don't want to sacrifice ergonomics to much. How are the ergonomics of the K2000 compared to the K10.

Sorry about the loooong post

Thanks

Swift1

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow