500D/T1i Sample Video—Serene Evening by the River (My Favourite thus Far)

Started Jun 1, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
auswy
Regular MemberPosts: 153
Like?
500D/T1i Sample Video—Serene Evening by the River (My Favourite thus Far)
Jun 1, 2009

Hey everyone,

I hope you’ve been enjoying my test videos so far with my 500D/T1i. I’m still in test mode but here is my latest video shot at Brooklyn on the outskirts of Sydney, by the Hawkesbury River taken on the last dawn of autumn. It’s my favourite video thus far I've taken with my 500D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEtqJQLyuFk&fmt=22

Vimeo only lets me upload one high definition clip a week so I’ve uploaded it to Youtube for now—I’ll put it up on Vimeo for HD download once my quota restarts (on Wednesday I believe).

I think this clip shows off the low light capabilities of the 500D/T1i. Most of this video was shot in pretty dark conditions with a manual Nikon 50mm f/1.4 lens. I have adjusted contrast and such, but the colour tone in this video is as is from the camera. I shot at dusk and there was a nice general bluish/calm tone to the place.

This video was shot in 1080p and downscaled to 720p to avoid the jaggedness of the 500D/T1i’s 720p mode. I know there are some errors in the panning and such, but hey, this is only my third video :p. Hope you enjoy anyway.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow