Orange Fizz--a new drink shot for your sipping pleasure! (1 img)

Started May 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
Stomie
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,114
Like?
Very nice Cindy...
In reply to Cynthia FarrWeinfeld, May 29, 2009

...you've done very well with this. The bubbles, fruit, focus & colour are all excellent & in the right place, as is the composition. I haven't read any of the other replies so I hope I'm not repeating anyone: 2 considerations...

1. Specular highlight burns top right rim of glass & top of stem: can be avoided by shooting glass without front/front-side lighting of any sort. Use rear-side light source or reflector & or reflector/light source from below instead.

2. You have lost shape & definition in the right stem edge. Solution: A black reflector strategically positioned out of camera to the right.

The slightly darker toned background top frame matters little visually, unless your brief calls for absolute uniformity.

These may seem trivial & picky, but believe me when I suggest that they can make a huge difference to an accomplished art director or picture editor who may be assessing your work.

I might also mention that this sort of subject is one of the toughest to get right.

Well done

Cheers :->

-- hide signature --

Please note: all images displayed by me on this or any other site are copyright ©

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow