ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Felipe Rodríguez
Senior MemberPosts: 2,989Gear list
Like?
Incredibly slow uploading to Smugmug
May 28, 2009

Hello!

I'm in the middle of Smugmug's trial period and I didn't have the chance to really try the site until today... and I'm totally disappointed! I like most of the site features and had created a small test gallery with low resolution images. So far, so good, I said to myself. But, today I've tried to upload 11 high resolution images to a new gallery... oh, my! It took TWO HOURS to upload just seven pictures. They're big pictures, granted, coming from a Canon 5D2, but, as a former user of Photoshelter and being familiar to ftp, I can say that's way TOOOO slow for sure. I've tried several of their "uploaders". Snail slowness! And, finally, I've discovered that, as a "pro" solution they offer a third party commercial software you have to pay for! That's incredible! So they pretend to have a "pro" service and they're not able to provide you with a decent upload solution? Photoshelter uploader worked really fast and it's totally free!!!

Well, unless I am missing something, I am afraid that Smugmug is not for me... I'll keep my pbase account and, if I think I need a pro solution, I'll come back to Photoshelter (I cancelled my account with them because I had not the time to really make best use of it).

I can't understand how Smugmug's users bear that!

Regards!

PS: I have nothing to do with Smugmug nor with Photoshelter or any other similar service...

-- hide signature --

http://www.beatusille.net

Bokeh

Dadme un mundo sin contornos,
Un espacio feliz que ignore los perfiles.
Concededme, sí, la dicha redonda
De flotar sin conciencia en el fondo
Desenfocado de mis fotografías.

Give me a world with no edges,
A happy space knowing nothing about outlines.
Grant me, please, the round joy
Of thoughtlessly floating on the blurred
Background of my photographs.

Felipe Rodríguez's gear list:Felipe Rodríguez's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow