ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Felipe Rodríguez
Senior MemberPosts: 2,940Gear list
Like?
Incredibly slow uploading to Smugmug
May 28, 2009

Hello!

I'm in the middle of Smugmug's trial period and I didn't have the chance to really try the site until today... and I'm totally disappointed! I like most of the site features and had created a small test gallery with low resolution images. So far, so good, I said to myself. But, today I've tried to upload 11 high resolution images to a new gallery... oh, my! It took TWO HOURS to upload just seven pictures. They're big pictures, granted, coming from a Canon 5D2, but, as a former user of Photoshelter and being familiar to ftp, I can say that's way TOOOO slow for sure. I've tried several of their "uploaders". Snail slowness! And, finally, I've discovered that, as a "pro" solution they offer a third party commercial software you have to pay for! That's incredible! So they pretend to have a "pro" service and they're not able to provide you with a decent upload solution? Photoshelter uploader worked really fast and it's totally free!!!

Well, unless I am missing something, I am afraid that Smugmug is not for me... I'll keep my pbase account and, if I think I need a pro solution, I'll come back to Photoshelter (I cancelled my account with them because I had not the time to really make best use of it).

I can't understand how Smugmug's users bear that!

Regards!

PS: I have nothing to do with Smugmug nor with Photoshelter or any other similar service...

-- hide signature --

http://www.beatusille.net

Bokeh

Dadme un mundo sin contornos,
Un espacio feliz que ignore los perfiles.
Concededme, sĂ­, la dicha redonda
De flotar sin conciencia en el fondo
Desenfocado de mis fotografĂ­as.

Give me a world with no edges,
A happy space knowing nothing about outlines.
Grant me, please, the round joy
Of thoughtlessly floating on the blurred
Background of my photographs.

Felipe Rodríguez's gear list:Felipe Rodríguez's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow