Started May 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
santamonica811
Regular MemberPosts: 271
Like?
suggestions for making a book on-line??
May 23, 2009

I'd like to make a book from some of my images. I certainly have heard of Blurb, and while the price is amazing, the software is not the easiest to navigate. Still, I can spend the time, if necessary.

I have 2 requirements: I would like to use a nice heavy paper (which would cost more per page; no problem with that). And I have to have a "lay-flat." That is a book that opens and (obviously) lays flat on the table. I have found one store that will do this here in Los Angeles (A & I, if anyone's interested), but for some reason, they will do this only with the cheap glossy paper.

Ideally, whatever company I use will have live human beings that customers can call with any questions. But I recognize that this may not be a realistic request.

Any suggestions on places? Blurb does not, I think, have a wide variety of papers (if that info is on their website, then I missed it), nor do they have the essential option of paying extra for a 'lay-flat.' But maybe some of you (any of you??) have found a place similar to Blurb, but with more options re paper and physical construction?

Thanks for any help,
-josh

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow