Started May 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
howellls
Regular MemberPosts: 154
Like?
My first Pentax SLR - from a Nikon shooters perspective
May 22, 2009

I have had my $325 K10D for a few days now and it is exceeding my expectations.

I picked an interesting time to get a K10D since the K7 announcement came.

I find it amusing how many people are ready to abandon K10D's and K20D's already. Very similar to what happens in the Nikon and Canon world.

While it was very tempting to get a D200 and then a few years later a D300, I did not do it because my D70 still takes amazing pictures, in diverse conditions and I never feel it is lacking. I continue to experiment and the D70 while 5 years old does not fail to please. I almost bought a D200 2 years ago for 1700. Today it is 600.

As with the Nikon I am interested in getting a prime lens and a flash that swivels and does bounce. My passion is people photography and I just ordered a FA 50-mm 1.4. I am still undecided about the flash.

I like the feel of a meaty, large, well built camera and the K10D feels great. One reason I would not consider the Nikon D90 is because it feels to light and plasticky. I look forward to experimenting with the various shooting modes and trying slow shutter speeds with the anti-shake.

I plan on breaking in the K10D this weekend.

Any thoughts about other lens I should have on my radar?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow