ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dominic G Smith
Regular MemberPosts: 229
Like?
Who Actually Cares about 'Quality' Wedding Photos
May 17, 2009

Rant

Shot a wedding yesterday, took all the usual paraphenalia. 3 cameras, 4 lenses, 2 flahsguns, 2nd shooter Gary's under used bouncy thing etc. Shot over 2000 pics, set up at the reception with the laptop and the Hi Touch Printer churning out reasonable quality 7x5 for the guests at a fiver a time. Everything going well. Reasonbly happy with the the overall quality.

I walk into the function suite to find everybody oohing and aahing over a photo album which I at first thought was the ususal pics of the B+G as kids - but no.

One of the guests using a point and shoot and gone to the local supermarket and came back with a self adhesivbe album full of prints of the wedding. Most of them photo's of my poses (don't have a problem with that,) but all of them underxposed due to backlighting and no fill flash, and most of them grainy.

But everyone loved them.

Next wedding it'll just be me, one camera and a 50mm lens.

Sometimes I think we try hard just to satisfy ourselves - but maybe that isn't a bad thing.

Rant over

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow