ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,792Gear list
Like?
:-)) Sunday Cat! 17 May 09 ((-:
May 17, 2009

Gidday All

The Cat! thread is now open for business. Come one, come all; all cats and cameras welcome. NO criticism allowed, only nice comments ;-)))

Add your favourite cat shot to the collection. No time limits, taken any time, any place, any camera.

We have had cool cats and hot cats; Canonical cats and Olympian cats; African cats and American cats.

There have been Meerkats and mere cats; moggies and high class cats; almost cats and some that I suspect were not really cats at all (specially the one with horns and the other one with scales ... ; the one that lived in the water, and that ring-tailed cat that was lost ... ); inside cats and OUTSIDE cats; BIG cats and -little- cats. And even a cat with a big flat tail and buck teeth ...

And even these highly suspect looking cats at the 'Nutty Hedges Health Farm and Spa' (Courtesy of Ben Herrmann, with permission):

Anyone caught peeping at the EXIF data for camera makes and models will be given a flogging with a cat-of-nine-tails ...

AND BTW folks:

The Sunday Cat will (mostly) start when it is still Saturday in the rest of the world, Australia being GMT +10 hours ... So it is still only around noon "last" Saturday in Hawaii (just for example ... ).

AND I really did not mean what I said about the flogging with a cat-of-nine-tails.

Here in Oz, we believe in the Rule of Law, so what I meant to say was that anyone caught peeping at the EXIF data will be flogged with a cat-of-nine-tails, given a fair trial, and found guilty - in that order ...

And of course it is OK to give constructive criticism if the poster specifically asks for it; otherwise the above-mentioned rule applies ...

And it is OK to mention what camera and lens you took the shot with ... if you like.

Love the Cat! thread ... like our beloved companion animals, an opportunity for a romp in the sun, with none of that bad stuff about ...

The weekly news ...

Some lovely pics last week, but I really did not have time to comment them all - sorry.

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
-- -- --

The Camera doth not make the Man (or Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...

Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/main.php

Hints & Tips (temporary link, as under construction): http://canopuscomputing.com.au/index.php?p=1_9

Bird Control Officers on active service.

Member of UK (and abroad) Photo Safari Group

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow