So what is Nikon waiting for, and, how can they wait?

Started May 12, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nicram
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
So what is Nikon waiting for, and, how can they wait?
May 12, 2009

I'm interested in a D700X so I haven't looked at the board in a while since there is zero news from Nikon (surprise), but then I noticed that there are almost no posts anymore from D3X users, or wanna be users. Could it be because almost no one owns one, and almost no one has any illusions about buying one? What, you don't have an extra $8,000 plus tax lying around?

Anyway, it's all been said, and it's so clear that sales have been... what, flat, non existent? I know a lot of pros, and a lot of people who like Nikon toys but not only do I not know one person who bought one, I also haven't seen anyone with one, not on the street, not at an event, come to think of it, not on TV or anywhere; weird.

So now I'm wondering, what is Nikon waiting for? A return to the bubble economy, easy credit? Get real. Are they waiting because they don't have a D700X ready, did the poor sales catch them off guard? Did the world wide depression stun them, are they broke?

It's an odd situation, I can't imagine they released the D3X to NOT sell them, so why did they release it? To make a profit, right? Okay, so that didn't happen because of the perfect storm, so that begs the question, why wait to release the D700X, don't they want to make money now? Are you going to tell me their stock is up and they can wait? Wait to make money now? Huh?

The D3X has been out 6 months, but not only is the D700X the camera that everyone wants, it is likely the only thing that will make a profit for them in the pro market. I haven't bought a single imaging product in the last 6 months, even though I could, and I intend to continue that trend. If a client asks me to buy something and they pay for it, fine, but me, I can wait. But if a D700X comes out tomorrow I will buy it immediately, and I know, 100%, I am not the only one.

So, what are they waiting for?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow