Started May 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robes1
Regular MemberPosts: 112
Like?
OT Pandora's ICC box
May 10, 2009

Can anyone point me at help with colour spaces?

I was happily using sRGB ooc jpgs for sport (lots of pics just cropped with no PP) and using ACR to develop my ORFs into 8 bit files to save in sRGB, but got some dark prints done & have opened the Pandora's box of soft proofing & ICC profiles.

What do all the experts use? It seems like for a cheap home inkjet an sRGB file should be enough & the labs I have used (Peak & Loxley) who claim to be "pro" ask for sRGB. sRGB is apparently most reliable for internet viewing but I understand has a small gamut. What printers will visibly benefit from a wider gamut jpg?

When I fiddle with colour settings, soft proofing & printer profiles in CS4, I get colours I have difficulty understanding and correcting/matching. I print with "photoshop manages colours", but I'm not 100% sure that the printer driver isn't also trying to manange the colour somewhere.

I was doing fine until I started messing!!!!

Had a look in the printer forum, but couoldn't find an answer. Can anyone help or maybe I should pose the question there?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow