Started May 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rick decker
Forum ProPosts: 11,811
Like?
DP2 Accessories (and DP1)
May 10, 2009

I know there are a fair number of accessories available for both the DP1 and the DP2. For those newbies (and maybe some oldies also), here is some info (and thoughts) on what I am using:

I glued a bubble level on the top of the pop-up flash. It does not inhibit it in any way. The external flash I have, a Sunpak 433 AF, and the off-camera cord, a Canon CE both work and do not hit the bubble. There is not much sing a cable release. This is a nice option when doing close-up work as you can step back and see the LCD more easily. You do have to remove the adapter to get to the power button. It is very light, fits snugly and removes easily. I bought a 12 inch cable release.

I have a Magnon Zoom finder that I got for IR on the SD10/14. Heavier than the Sigma finders, it is reasonably accurate although it is easy to change inadvertently the zoom. The LCD is good enough that you can get away without a finder most if not all of the time.

I have a 10x Sonia close-up lens. It is not as sharp as the Sigma AML-1 but the 10x is a good magnification for close-up work with the DP2. I believe Seng has a 10x by B+W which should be higher quality and even higher price.

I generally am hand-holding the cameras so I have neck straps - one from Disneyworld and one from PMA. I started out with a wrist strap and switched to a neck strap as it frees up the hand for another camera such as DP1 or SD14.

The DP1 accessories gallery has the pictures below and more which are applicable to both the DP1 and the DP2.

http://www.pbase.com/sigmadslr/dp1_accessories

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow