Started May 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sharperest
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Lessons learned
May 10, 2009

I just moved from a Nikon D40 to a D90. I primarily take landscape photograpy. I was at a baseball game with a LL group yesterday and learned the biggest lesson in being a photographer. I was taking many pics of people as opposed to landscape and I started with an 18-55mm kit lens I got with my D40. I have a Nikon 12-24mm and a Nikon 55-200mm which I used for my landscape work. I decided to do some experimentation with a 50 mm 1.8 I recently purchased. When I reviewed the photos I found that if anyone stood behind another the depth of field blurred the other person in the photo. Not a lot but definitely enuff to dump the photo. When the subjects sat together the pic was sharp and not bad. It was frustrating to see that I definitely need much more work on lenses, depth of field and primary vs. telephoto lenses. With a primary lens how do you compensate for the lack of sharpness from one individual to another when they stand behind each other in like a group photo? Thanks for any comments you may have
--
Shoot when you can and take the day off if you find you can't.

sharperest's gear list:sharperest's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow