Flat view
BigRuss
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
1st DSLR
May 9, 2009
-- hide signature --

Hi all, 1st time poster so be gentle

I've got in to photography over the last few years, whilst out specimen-fishing (overnight-2-3 day trips) capturing some cracking wildlife-sunrise-sunset shots ect on and old fuji F410, i then , about 12 months ago moved up to a Canon power shot pro 1, which was ideal as it has a cracking 'L series' lens that takes stunning pics, and also has a flip screen and remote which are both ideal for 'self takes' whilst specimen fishing.

Now the Photography had really become as important to me as the fishing, and i want to take it a step further.

I'll probably keep the pro 1 for the self takes, but i'm thinking 450D as my next progression ? does this seem reasonable ? The 500d still seems very expensive as it's a new model, without justifiable benefit in image capture quality (video doesn't interest me). the 1000d would be an option but i've discounted that because of the lack of spot metering which i've found of great use in the pro 1.

Can anybody give me any pointers in another direction, or is the 450D definitely the one for me ?

Thanks in advance

Russ

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow