Started May 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gary396
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Prices and grey imports
May 8, 2009

New to the site as I'm currently looking to purchase me first dSLR system so please excuse any 'beginers questions'. Currently the 450D is my preferred choice but considering the 500D. I have a higher budget e.g. 40D but I'm leaning towards going for the cheaper range and putting the bulk of the budget towards better lenses, rather than kit lenses. (Not sure what though).

Two questions - firstly, why on some internet seller sites in the UK (e.g. Amazon and eBuyer) do they list higher prices for body-only compared to body+lens kits, e.g. for the 500D? Surely the kit including lens should be more expensive but it isn't always.

Secondly, ref the 'Item Model Model' (e.g. 3820B018AA for 500D plus 18-55 lens, or 3820B013AA body-only as shown on Amazaon UK and others) - does this help to identify it as UK sourced, i.e. not a grey import?

Any advice more than welcome. Thanks

Gary

gary396's gear list:gary396's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow