Started May 6, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MagicBill
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Panasonic TZ5 or ZS3 for photos
May 6, 2009

I've been in B and H looking over both cameras. It seems to me that the photos I take with the TZ5 are inferior to the ZS3. Not just the difference in wide angle, but the richness of the colors, and it almost seems like there is a haziness to a lot of the TZ5 shots. I pointed it out to the salesman who changed everything back to original factory settings. The difference between the two cameras still seemed very striking to me.

Can anyone tell me if all TZ5's take much less satisfying photos, or is it possible the display model has just gotten funky. Although B and H is out of stock on the TZ5 (the salesman's 'guess' was that they'll get more), there are some available elsewhere in the $220 range versus the ZS3 for $400.

I purchased the Canon SX200 from Costco recently, but I like the ZS3 better and would love to save the money and get the TZ5 if a brand new one will give me similar photos. (I would then take advantage of Costco's amazing 90 day return policy and take the SX200 back.) I'm about to get the Panasonic HV30 camcorder and therefore am not so concerned about losing the improved video on the ZS3. B

I'd appreciate any thoughts or recommendations you have.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow