Picture quality Z850 firmware 1.20 vs 1.3B

Started Oct 11, 2007 | Discussions thread
RSUK
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Re: Picture quality Z850 firmware 1.20 vs 1.3B
In reply to mjpartyboy, May 6, 2009

Ok. I have owned both a UK Z850 and a USA Z850. I do not know where Zimbabwe gets his/her info from but with all due respect, his post is completely incorrect!

So I shall lays things out simply below;

ALL CASIO Z850s DESTINED FOR CERTAIN PARTS OF THE E.U. HAVE A 10 MINUTE MOVIE LIMIT THAT IS NOT IMPOSED BY USER MODIFIABLE FIRMWARE. IT IS BUILT INTO THE CAMERA AND CANNOT BE ULTERED IN ANYWAY! IT WAS IMPOSED, SO TO AVOID PAYING, EFFECTIVELY A TAX BY THE FILM INDUSTRIES AGAINST RECORDING EQUIPMENT THAT COULD POTENTIALLY RECORD FULL LENGTH FILMS AT THE CINEMA. (Even though most of us here wouldn't dream of doing that!)

So if you have a camera that does not have a 10 minute movie limit....you are lucky, you can change the firmware as much as you like, to whatever version number you like and your camera will record until your memory card is full or the individual file size limit of FAT32 has been reached. Those of you that have a camera with the 10 minute movie limit.......bad luck, you're stuck with it no matter what you do to your camera.

Regards sound recording, that is not limited on any Z850 in anyway, other than the size of the memory card and the size limit in the FAT32 file system that I think is 2GB or 4GB. (I cannot remember off the top of my head)

I would sometimes use my camera to record seminars that were 4 hours long or more.

Regards to all,

-- hide signature --

Richard.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow