ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
allischalmersman
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
View NX & Capture NX2 are ruining my images. Please Help me
May 5, 2009
-- hide signature --

Hi. Im shooting with a D90, and Im trying to figure out whats going on with these software programs. I am shooting in NEF, and when I open an image in View NX, it appears that the image is soft due to some form of image reduction that I have not done yet. Im talking about ISO 200 or less, daylight images, etc. No 3200 or crazy noise stuff. These images are RAZOR sharp when I click the little RAW button in the top left in ViewNX, and when I initially open them in Capture2. However, after doing nothing for 5-10 seconds, Capture automaticly softens the image like its applying noise reduction that it doesnt need. Any change made will bring the image back to razor sharp, but 5sec. later its soft again. When I save the image as a JPEG it is also "soft". What am I doing wrong? This is really driving me crazy! Any help would be so appreciated it isnt funny. Thanks guys, and Im sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, but I could not find a PP forum. Thanks, Andrew

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow