Started May 5, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danielsan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,581
Like?
Lens and other advice for trip to Ireland
May 5, 2009

Going in roughly 3 weeks to Ireland for a week. I have had a 20d for 4+ years and am thinking of finally upgrading. A few questions

1. How much of a learning curve was there for you going from a crop to a full frame sensor? This is just a vacation but I'd hate to screw up a whole lot of shots out of ignorance. I'll have a little time to familiarize myself but not much.

2. Do you think a flash is a must? With my 20d I could just leave it(550EX) at home and rely on the popup when I had no choice. I want to be prepared but bulk is a consideration and I wonder if it was needed if it would be prohibited anyways.

3. Along the weight lines, will my 70-200 2.8 IS come in handy? It's a great lens and I am thinking yes but I wanted to hear from others who have been there (I will be in the SW/midland parts). I have to tote our 1 year old around in a backpack so my wife has to carry the camera bag when I have the backpack so I'd like to keep my kit down to the essentials. Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow