Can you force DPP to odd resolutions?

Started May 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
PuterPro
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Can you force DPP to odd resolutions?
In reply to scorpiondrums, May 2, 2009
-- hide signature --

Ahhh... Just my 2 cents worth ... but why are you not running at 1080 to begin with? If it's font size, I usually setup my clients LCD panels to the manufacturers recommended native resolution and if they complain about it being hard to read, adjust to "LARGE" fonts.

Best of both worlds - razor sharp picture, since it's not having to downrez, (half pixels don't exist!) AND perfectly readable fonts for those of us over 40! {Grin} You always get the best picture if you use native resolution.

If you need to find the setting - it's FONT SIZE under Appearance Tab in Display properties on XP. In Vista, right click the desktop & Personalize, then it's on the left under Adjust Font Size. Change to 120 DPI (requires a reboot, one the few in Vista).

TIP - DO NOT USE EXTRA LARGE FONTS unless you have NO choice! It will cause a lot of programs that don't follow the rules to cut off text because it's too big to fit the box they programmed. Duh.

Other than that, I don't know of a workaround. You might try try the font thing, if you don't like it you can always go back ...!
Good luck!
PuterPro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow