ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ziggsteruk
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
1000D as a studio camera?
Apr 23, 2009

Hi

I've been researching the best entry level dslr for a while now and ruled out the Sony A200 and Nikon 40D/60D in favour of the Canon 1000D mainly because the Canon's kit lens seems the best of the bunch when it comes to portrait photos (which is what I'm proposing using it for). At least the kit lens will get me some decent results from day 1 until I can save some cash to upgrade.

My question is, has anyone seen or experience the 1000D used in a studio with a flash/lighting kit? I've been hunting around on the net and although there are many excellent photos on places like flickr using the 1000D I've not seen any that look like studio shots. It might be that the 1000D is rather too lowly to be used by anyone with a studio but it's got me worried that there might be something missing off the camera that means it can't be used in that situation. I did read on a review for the 1000D that said "there's no PC sync port for studio lighting". I'm not sure what that is but it did get me concerned I'd end up with a camera that couldn't be used with studio lighting.

Any assistance for this confused newbie would be gratefully appreciated, thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow