T1i/500D vs XSi/450D

Started Apr 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
PuterPro
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: RAW vs JPG
In reply to Pete4, Apr 22, 2009

As an amateur who is very Computer oriented but doesn't get enough time for my hobby to stay really proficient, I always shoot RAW. (Although I love the idea of switching to JPG for action sequences, I hadn't thought of that -THANKS! )

Why shoot RAW if you're an amateur? So you can fix up your screw ups! Duh!

Running DXO and / or Lightroom 2 allows me to fix that time when I shot 20 frames in Daylight while still set to Flash WB, or handle the fact I missed the exposure point COMPLETELY. OOPS! Post processing is vital for us klutzes! LOL!

IMHO, the 16 Bit and greater latitude offered by RAW more than makes up for the couple minutes spent fixing the pic.

I sure can see the point for a Pro or high end Amateur that today's algorithms will produce JPG in camera that rivals RAW if you need to batch process a lot of images fast, or know you're not blowing them up.

Although I'm hoping that getting off the tiny screen on my 20D by going to a T1i/500D will help some of the misses, especially focus ones. Now all I need is some more time to fine tune my skills. {Sigh}
PuterPro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow