ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kenju4u
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Help understanding AEL button to check the exposure of a image on A200
Apr 22, 2009

Hi All,

I am a newbie and I needed a clearer explanation of what the A200 manual is trying to explain on page 77 in regards to using the AEL button to check the exposure of a image.

So the manual says:

"Hold down the AEL button and place the spot metering circle on the spot where the lighting is contrasted from the subject. The metering indicator displays the degree of exposure difference, zero being the locked exposure. Shifting to the + side makes the image brighter, and shifting to the - side makes the image darker."

When I do the above I see a * on the right side of the EV scale and I see two indicators on the EV scale.

My first question is:
What do those two indicators displaying to me? Which one is which?

Second Question:

Are they saying to shift the EV scale or shifting the composed image in the view finder?

I tried both and what I found is that if I shift the EV scale on the camera then when I recompose the image and I check the exposure of the image again I get a different value? it always seems to be off. Kind of confused?

Thanks,
Ken

-- hide signature --

• F30 rocks! -

kenju4u's gear list:kenju4u's gear list
Nikon D7000
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow