ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
safaridon
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,114
Like?
Rumored m4/3rds lens announcement 4/19 by Olympus & lens discussion
Apr 16, 2009
-- hide signature --

4/3rummors.com is predicting an announcement by Olympus givings details of the new lenses for their new mini 4/3rd model this coming Sunday. They say the camera may be available with both std kit zoom and very small mini prime lens.

From pictures of the earlier Oly mockup this prime lens looks very much like Pany 20/1.7 which has been delayed from availability? Also I see no indication in the rumored projected specifications for the camera of any in-body IS?

I read somewhere that Pany last year bought out Cosina which does a lot of manufacturing and fabrication of lens, etc for Olympus. Is it be possible that under the skin these lenses may actually be the 20/1.7 and 14-45 Lumix designed lenses avoiding duplication?

Oly definitely is developing their own lenses as noted by mystery black one in the show, but if and only if Olys mini body has no IS, maybe Pany plans on selling at least some of their kit OIS lenses to Oly purchasers? Pany started producing or making available an extra 1,000/month 14-45 lenses effective now, without any announcements of any body only for their G1 models?

Given their earlier start Pany by now could have had a mini m4/3 model out by now, but that would have competed unecessarily with their own very successful LX3 so I think elected not to. It would also appear that financial problems in large parent company may be delaying their implementation schedules at least on lens production.

Just my two bits, look at the 4/3rumors yourself and make your own conclusions
We will soon know.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow