Travelling around Asia - Help me choose my kit !!!

Started Mar 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
Christoph Stephan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,682Gear list
Like?
Re: Answer to your replies above
In reply to nebulaflux, Apr 14, 2009

To save weight I would rather leave the laptop at home (if this is not a business trip) and carry enough cards instead. If posssible I would have a spare body or at least a compact for back up. The 5D is still heavier than the 400D, but I cannot give advice here, as I have the 40D, which roughly has the same weight. Still on hot days I sometimes wonder whether the 450D would have been a better choice and now sometimes play with the thought of getting a 500D when it comes out.

Low camera weight becomes even more important as soon as you think of leaving lenses home due to weight issues.

For the wildlife and plants you may deplore not having enough macro and telephoto capability at hand - the 55-250mm IS, Tamron 28-300mm VC or Canon 70-300mm IS are lighter and less conspicous telephoto lenses.

-- hide signature --

Chris

Christoph Stephan's gear list:Christoph Stephan's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow