Used 1Ds or used 1D Mark IIn?

Started Apr 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
Gillies
Regular MemberPosts: 292
Like?
Re: Used 1Ds or used 1D Mark IIn?
In reply to Lundy, Apr 9, 2009

I was in a similar position as yourself two weeks ago, and I was torn between a used 1Ds or 1D Mk2 – Some 1Ds images I found online were stunning, but so are so many 1D Mk2/n images … I didn’t really see apart from Full Frame and some more MP to many advantages over 1D Mk2, so I opted for the 1D Mk2 for it’s higher ISO range, better frame rate, better buffer (I think), larger LCD, better write time …. and it would have suited my overall photography better … as sometimes I will need that higher FPS.

The two button controls and finding my way around the camera etc took a day or two to get used to… but I am more than delighted with the Mk2, everything I read about it and more are true. I shot a wedding with it on Tuesday in tricky conditions, and it performed superb, I especially liked results I got during the reception in low light with a 85mm F1.8 attached, and with a 24-70 or 70-200 attached for the outdoor reception…. it all worked like a dream, the 1D autofocus blew me away.

I would recommend the 1D Mk2 N with no hesitations, unless you really need more MP and Full Frame.

-- hide signature --

Gillies

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow