opinions requested e3

Started Apr 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nacha Regular Member • Posts: 177
opinions requested e3

regarding firmware upgrade from 1.0 body e3. my previous "demo mint" from cameta had version 1.2 and suffered from unreliable focus issues. i discussed the issue with cameta, and they told me that if firmware 1.3 did not fix issue, then i couldstill return/exchange the camera. the firmware 1.3 caused the camera to hesitate, or not focus at all about 30% of the time, and so i returned it.

my new "demo mint" arrived today. 442 shutter activations. firmware 1.0. however , with the little time i have spent with it, it seems to focus well.

so my dilemma. upgrade or not.

con: if the camera is working ok, why fix if not broke.

pro: some of the fimware fixes would be helpful, providing it dosent adversly affect the current performance, ( which it might judging from peoples experiences). if the firmware upgrade compromises the performance i can still return the camera.

i know that future firmware is built upon the previous update, so that if i elect to keep it at 1.0, that is where i must remain. (unless future updates "cure" the problems caused by these existing updates)

so, what would you do? update or not.

thanks in advance

Nacha's gear list:Nacha's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow