Started Apr 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nacha
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
opinions requested e3
Apr 8, 2009

regarding firmware upgrade from 1.0 body e3. my previous "demo mint" from cameta had version 1.2 and suffered from unreliable focus issues. i discussed the issue with cameta, and they told me that if firmware 1.3 did not fix issue, then i couldstill return/exchange the camera. the firmware 1.3 caused the camera to hesitate, or not focus at all about 30% of the time, and so i returned it.

my new "demo mint" arrived today. 442 shutter activations. firmware 1.0. however , with the little time i have spent with it, it seems to focus well.

so my dilemma. upgrade or not.

con: if the camera is working ok, why fix if not broke.

pro: some of the fimware fixes would be helpful, providing it dosent adversly affect the current performance, ( which it might judging from peoples experiences). if the firmware upgrade compromises the performance i can still return the camera.

i know that future firmware is built upon the previous update, so that if i elect to keep it at 1.0, that is where i must remain. (unless future updates "cure" the problems caused by these existing updates)

so, what would you do? update or not.

thanks in advance

Nacha's gear list:Nacha's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow