Started Apr 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ClaudiaInIowa
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
SX10 Memory Cards
Apr 7, 2009

We are heading to the Galapagos in two weeks and I need to buy a some extra memory cards for my SX10. We will be taking a computer to download to and was thinking of buying 4GB and maybe not re-using unless I really would have to. Extra insurance. Will also be taking a couple of thumb drives for more backup. Is one brand better than another. What class is best for this camera. I believe it says Class 4 in the owner's manual, but have been reading comments here about Class 6. The lady at the store where I purchased it says SD or SDHC doesn't matter with the camera, that it can only read/write so fast. If this is the case why would Canon say SDHC? They sell Promaster brand. Had a card go bad on my last holiday "memory card error". Lost about 200 pictures. Don't want this to happen again so was thinking of switching brands and using smaller size cards. Also the reason for so much backup. Thanks for any comments. I'm so new at all of this.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow