R1 QUESTIONS - (from a Sony DSLR photographer)

Started Apr 6, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nedl21
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
R1 QUESTIONS - (from a Sony DSLR photographer)
Apr 6, 2009

I presently have Sony DSLR's (700 and 900) but will soon purchase a Sony DSC-R1 to add to my equipment because of the following reasons:

1. Fixed lens (no dust problems)
2. Focal length range (24 to 120mm) and high quality of lens
3. 2.8/4.8 apertures
4. Live View
5. Quiet operation - no shutter to make noise
6. Large sensor
7. Overall design of the camera and its features - very cool
8. etc., etc., etc.

I would like to expand the useage of the R1 with accessories such as Macro, Wide Angle lens, Telephoto lens, etc. I believe there are Sony brand accessories for these but I've heard that they are expensive and hard to find.

I am asking R1 Users to help educate me regarding these, and other types of accessories available to expand the R1 capabilities (Both Sony and other Brands), pros and cons of each, and especially the quality of the results they achieve.

Also, any suggestions as to where to purchase the R1 and accessories? Ebay may be a place I can start looking.

And finally, is there any alternative to the R1 that might have additional features such as stabilization, and quicker shot to shot operation (larger buffer)? From the research I've done, there are none. It seems as if the R1 is in a class of its own.

Thanks,
Ned

nedl21's gear list:nedl21's gear list
Sony a6000
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow