Started Apr 6, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gable Pass
Regular MemberPosts: 362
Like?
E-3 focus issue with fw 1.3
Apr 6, 2009

I upgraded the firmware on my E-3, not when it first came out, but after a bit, in no small part because of the Olympus claim of "Improving the C-AF performance". I shoot a fair amount of sports, mostly with a 50-200 SWD. After the upgrade, the autofocus performance didn't improve, but rather fell off, fairly significantly.

I appreciate that a firmware upgrade resets the camera, and I am hoping that my problem is my own fault - that I forgot to get various things set up properly again. Also, I am further hoping that folks here will suggest the assorted things that one would want to check before concluding that the source of the problem is the equipment (rather than user error). The camera has been tweaked after the upgrade to shoot CAF+MF, and to use a single auto focus target (center); this is what I had been doing before the upgrade.

What other things should I be looking into, in the hopes of straightening out what I may have done to myself?

Thanks in advance for the hints.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow