Started Apr 6, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sensingsys
Senior MemberPosts: 1,510
Like?
LX3 - the worst camera I ever owned
Apr 6, 2009

Luckily it is still in short supply so at least I did not lose too much when I sold it.

LCD screen

What a joke, hard to see in daylight, just about impossible to see in sunlight, even on full brightness still not much better. This is the viewfinder! How on earth are you supposed to compose the shot, never mind see the on-screen information? Tried a Vikuiti ARMR200 screen protector which gave a slight improvement in legibility (from completely dreadful to extremely bad) but also made playback very grainy with much reduced angle of vision, so took it off. I am sorry, such a screen is totally unacceptable, I did side by side tests with my old Sony T10 and the T10 was perfectly usable for the same scenes at the same time that the LX3 (even with the Vikuiti screen protector fitted) was unusable. If Sony could produce a reasonable screen in 2006, how come Panasonic couldn't 2 years later? I do think that the dpreview review and others should have picked up on this basic failing.

AE bracketing

For years I have always taken all my images using AE bracketing except in low light conditions. With the LX3 it was completely impossible to save my settings, had to re-enter every single time I turned the camera on. Not pointed out in the User's Manual, not mentioned in the dpreview and others reviews.

24mm, F2, RAW, HD movies - brilliant, but not worth the negatives. Gone back to the Sony T10, not a particularly good camera, but useable and far more likely to capture a useful image.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOL!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow