Started Apr 5, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rupert Brun
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Lumix G1 Pictues invisible on PC
Apr 5, 2009

Something very odd happened today - I'm using a G1 with 4Gb Sandisk Extreme III SDHC cards.

The last dozen or so pictures I took were visible only in the camera - if I connected the camera to the computer, or plugged the SD card into a card reader, I could only see the first 50 or so pictures. I tried several different computers and card readers always with the same result.

I put a new card in the camera and too pictures and they could be seen in the camera and on on the PC.

PhotoRecovery LE software was able to recover the pictures that were invisible in Windows Explorer.

I did wonder if it was a faulty SD card but I noticed that the last visible picture had a file name ending in 9999 - is there something that happens to file names after that which Windows XP can't cope with?

Rupert Brun

Rupert Brun's gear list:Rupert Brun's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +10 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow