Started Apr 4, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dweerden
Contributing MemberPosts: 547
Like?
Anyone have Zenfolio acct >100Gb?
Apr 4, 2009

I'm curious to know if anyone out there with a Zenfolio account is utilizing more than 100Gb of storage on that service. The reason I ask is that since I broached the 100Gb threshold, my upload speed has been abysmal. But here's the rub - I have another Zenfolio account for my daughter's synchro club with about 10Gb of storage used and it's running perfectly.

As a test, I tried to upload a 4Mb file to my account and it took 8:07 to do so. Immediately afterward, I was able to upload the exact same file to the other account in 0:33. This scenario is virtually identical in IE7, Firefox and other computers within my house.

I'm getting suspicious that Zenfolio wants to get rid of the likes of me. I suspect that they run their service on Amazon's S3 framework and there's a threshold where they lose money. I have been offered a full refund for that account by Zenfolio after only the second exchange with their support staff.

So... if anyone else out there has similar problems, I'd like to hear about it. Likewise, if there are folks out there using more than 100Gb without any issues, I would like to hear that too.
--

Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time when the quo has lost its status.

• Laurence J. Peter

Usually, terrible things that are done with the excuse that progress requires them are not really progress at all, but just terrible things.

• Russell Baker

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow