ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ovrebekk
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,247
Like?
First feature film made using a DSLR.
Apr 1, 2009

Hi

I don't really belong here in the Canon forum but wondered if any of you good people had heard about "Searching for Sonny" ?
http://searchingforsonny.com/Who_is_Sonny_Basbas.html

They claim it is the first feature film ever shot on a DSLR, and there are no price for guessing which camera they are talking about

I am really excited about video in DSLR's and think this marks another big leap for the acceptance of it. Pretty soon I think we will see a lot of movies being made using DSLR's and sooner or later I am sure Canon and Nikon will start producing lenses optimized for video as well.

I am in no rush to upgrade my own gear yet, but when I do I will get a camera with video for sure. Hopefully the video implementations available will be a bit more matured by then as well.

Anyway I think it is a sign of the future when DSLR video is already being used for projects like this. When camera manufacturers are able to remove the flaws that are currently present (little manual control, jello, no AF +++) i think DSLR video will be really popular

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow