Started Apr 1, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rkodama1
Contributing MemberPosts: 599Gear list
Like?
Need Advice for Italy Trip
Apr 1, 2009

Next week my family and I depart for a 12 day trip to Italy. We will fly into Zurich and travel to Milan, Venice, Siena, Florence and Rome. For the past 4 years my travel kit has consisted of the EF-S 10-22, 17-85IS and 70-300 DO. It has it's strengths and weakness but it covers a great range with a relatively compact and light payload. For trips where size and weight are not a major consideration, I will travel with a 24-70L and 70-200 2.8L.

For this trip, I have decided to take a 50D and 17-55IS and a travel tripod. No other lenses or equipment. I want to pack relatively light because we will be traveling by train from city to city and toting our luggage around. Also, we will be touring quite a bit on foot so I don't think my back can take all day walks with a heavy load.

Here is my question. Will I miss the longer end or more importantly, will I miss the 10-22? I figure 80 to 90% of my shots will be in the 17-55 range. Is this a good assumption? I understand this question is somewhat dependent on shooting style but I would be interested in hearing your opinions.

Any other general advice would also be welcome.

Thanks.
--
Randy

rkodama1's gear list:rkodama1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow