Started Mar 31, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael James
Regular MemberPosts: 295
Like?
From Bella Pictures to My Own
Mar 31, 2009

I have been working for Bella Pictures since 2005. Bella has shot 10,000 weddings as of 2009 and I did 2% of those weddings. It was a great experience but since they have recently let go of the founder they have truly become Wal-Mart. This is my position as just a shooter who is paid in the top 5%. The new VP of Photography there has no consideration for making brides/clients happy as she serves at the behest of cutting costs - miserable in my opinion when it comes to being a successful vendor in the wedding business - no?

I used to stay after to cover things that time did not allow - never said anything as making people happy pays back huge dividends. I recently got a card to have the clients sign when I am 15 minutes past due on time. There are many other stories but I digress...

I am about start out on my own (for weddings -I shoot all kinds of stuff). I would like opinions and critical advice. This is my starting site:
http://bludomain70.com/~ilik/index2.php

Everything there was shot with the S2. Yea - really. There are two shots with the D90 and the future will be with those even if color is not as good - the D90 rocks.

I just love shooting weddings and want to keep doing it.
Michael J Slattery

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow