ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jason Ostoforov
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
New to Canon - Lens Suggestions
Mar 30, 2009

Hi Everyone,

I will be getting a 5D2 on Tuesday and would like some inputs on some lens suggestions.

I have pretty much decided on getting the 17-40 F4L as my wide angle but contemplating a mid range zoom and telephoto as well. I don't do a lot of shooting in mid range but would like to have one for an everyday lens...I'm thinking of getting the kit lens 24-105 F4 as its about the half the coast of buying it separately.

As for telephoto...thinking about 70-200 f2.8L or 100-400 F4.5-5.6. Dilemma here though...I do want more reach than 200 in my arsenal on occasions but the 70-200 range is likely sufficient more often than not. That means the use of an extender (1.4 or 2). Telephoto is not my forte nor will it be in the near future so getting a telephoto prime is not an option. I do worry about the push pull nature of the 100-400 for dust and weather sealing so definitely prefer the 70-200 but do I lose a lot by using a extender to get the reach I desire?

I have about $3000 to spend and do want Canon L gear.

Your thoughts? Thanks a head of time for your feedback.

Jason

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow