Walkabout with DA50-200 (horses and cormorants and hawks - oh my!)

Started Mar 30, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marc Sabatella
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,679
Like?
Walkabout with DA50-200 (horses and cormorants and hawks - oh my!)
Mar 30, 2009

I almost didn't take my camera with me while enjoying a beautiful spring day at a nearby park. but there have been lots of eagle sightings around here recently, and I've never seen one in the wild before, so I couldn't bear to not have the camera. I mounted the DA50-200 and although I brought the DA18-55II too, it never left the bag. Didn't see any eagles, but was glad I brought the camera anyhow, as there was plenty of other wildlife (and not-so-wild-life) to see!

First, horses - nothing too unusual, but a nice picture nonetheless:

Next up, a tree full of cormorants, a bird I knew only by name before today:

Apparently there are flightless cormorants too, but these were not that kind:

Another horse:

Nothing special about ducks either, but this one was pretty enough to include too:

The prize of the day, though, was a hawk who let use shoot from as close as we wanted. He didn't even spook when we walked directly underneath him. Actually, we would have preferred it if he had, as it would have been great to catch him in flight. As it is, I had to settle for a brief moment when he stretched his wings a little to steady himself in a gust of wind:

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow