Started Mar 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
signmaster
Regular MemberPosts: 319
Like?
Zimbabwe Wedding
Mar 29, 2009

My son is getting married in Zimbabwe in June this year, It is a large double wedding 300-400 guests. The whole thing will be on a shoestring budget, not much money left after flying from Australia to Zimbabwe. He has asked me to do the photography, I have said I will but only if I can have some help from another photographer (it will be a relation not a pro) as I will have to be in some of the photographs. I have not photographed a wedding before and any advise will be most appreciated. I mainly do product and landscape photography. I am quite proficient in post production and printing so the prints and album should not be a problem.

I did a 1 day wedding photography course some 6 months ago so have started my preparation, I do enjoy a challenge.

I will have to rely on 12V power to keep everything charged, backup will not be possible so I intend to take a lot of CF cards and download them when I get home.

After the wedding I will be going on a weeks safari, so hope for some great nature shots.

I am a bit nervous about the whole Zimbabwe thing as things are not that good there, intermittent power, cholera, hyperinflation etc. My son went there 6 months ago and lived with the locals, he said that he never had any fear for his person and all the people were most friendly.

He stopped of at Johannesburg on the way home and was not game to get out of the car.

My son is white and his bride to be is black, I will have time to do a lot of test shots so will be reasonably well prepared.
Thanks in advance for the advise.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow