Lets put this to bed 500D vs A700 (large imgs)

Started Mar 26, 2009 | Discussions thread
Danel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
Re: Lets put this to bed 500D vs A700 (large imgs)
In reply to Ken_5D, Mar 28, 2009

Well, the A700 does look better than the D500 in the particular crop that you posted that focuses on the red channel. No denying that. In other parts of the IR comparison photos the detail level seems very similar to the A700 when I just went over and looked. The D500 is much better in terms of its handling of shadow noise. Kind of a mixed bag overall really. Ken, were these A700 examples using firmware version 4? If not, then they aren't really showing the A700 at its best.

I think that the D500 makes for a very compelling lower end DSLR. It will sell like hot cakes in its class, especially in a few months when the body price drops into the $600 to $700 range. Sony needs to come out with something to compete with the D500 or risk losing market share (unless they plan to discount the A700 into that price range). I'm sure that they will have a new camera or two within the next few months.

Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow