Started Mar 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richiedodson
Regular MemberPosts: 291
Like?
5D2 corrupt card help!
Mar 22, 2009

I shot a wedding over the weekend. One of my CF cards (Sandisk Extreme III 8GB) became corrupt.

I'm pretty sure the camera previewed images on screen during the wedding but now it won't. The camera says 'card full' but cannot read the images on it.

My computer shows the normal folders on the card 100EOS5D etc. but where the CR2 and JPEG files should be it displays a file called: ╪ ßm╘ex.if which of course can't be opened.

I'm not exactly sure what I did during the night to corrupt the card but I do remember deleting a photo and the camera coming up with an error. Perhaps I tried to delete while the camera was still writing - it's unlikely though because I wasn't shooting that many frames - usually the camera would finish writing quickly I would have thought.

I'm trying a recovery software (Stellar Phoenix 3.1) right now which is currently scanning and seems to be finding files although I haven't seen them yet. So far over 422 files...

Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you go about getting your images?
Has your camera come up with a .if file before?
--
'high IQ'

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow