ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bruce Oudekerk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,639Gear list
Like?
A gift for Sony HVL-F43AM flash owners
Mar 20, 2009

A dubious gift admittedly:)

After looking at the manual flash charts in the operating instructions I realized I would never be able to use it well and decided to make a versatile rotating scale I could use for full manual flash. I did this in Corel Draw and exported a small Jpeg up to Pbase.

Best of all, the flash calculator actually seems to work. As you can see by the adjustment on the photographed chart…assuming its fathomable to anyone but myself…I took the picture below at a distance of 1.6 feet at F16 and used ISO 400 with a flash setting of 1/32 power at a zoom coverage of 28 mm even though that was not needed.

I will upload a printable Jpeg version if anyone wants one or better yet I can email a PDF directly to you. You will have to print the inner and outer circles and pin them together. I used a small pop-rivet and it works splendidly. I spray-glued the print to thin cardboard but it should be laminated for longevity.

Bruce

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow