Started Mar 18, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AttiCzi
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Nikon 16-85 or Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 ?
Mar 18, 2009

I have decided to go for a D90 and a Nikon 16-85, but then I heard about the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 and reviews in general seem to be pretty good about this lens. My budget is limited to a D90 and one zoom lens in this price range at the moment (actually the Tamron is even cheaper then the Nikon). I intend to buy the Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 in a year's time or so when I saved some more:). I am taking photos of landscapes, family, holidays, pretty general stuff. I understand that the nikon lens has a better build quality then the Tamron, vr and the extra focal length, but if these were not an issue for me and I wanted to consider purely the image quality, would the Tamron give me as good or better results as the Nikon? I would like to have f/2.8 to achieve those really nice out of focus backgrounds when I want to in some photos. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, also would be great if anyone could post any sample images taken with the Tamron lens. Thanks.

AttiCzi's gear list:AttiCzi's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow