ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Saturoldan
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
Wild Photographers Opinion
Mar 16, 2009

Hi guys!

Few days ago I had a chance to talk to a highly reputated wild photographer/moviemaker for a long while, and told me a lot of interesting things.

One of them, was an advice to get Nikon gear for nature jobs. Talking about the high end body models of each brand, he said that in his opinion (he said this several times) for weddings, pj, sport and something else Canon was the choice, but for Wild pics it was Nikon. He told me that the durability of the Nikon cameras, and lenses were better, and that the material of the joints make Nikon cameras more weather resistent and reliable when you are shooting in rain forest or seashore or the camera falls into water. Even if the camera drops to the floor it has a surface cover that absorbs part of the shock. Moreover, he said that Nkon had a more complet accesories catalog for this king of job.

I´d like to know your opinions bout this. I know that lots of nature pro photographers shoot with Canon, so it can´t be as bad. IMO each brand has its pros and cons, and each photographer has a way to work. The tool that better satisfy me when I am working is the better tool for me.

-- hide signature --

...With the birds I'll Share This Lonely View...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow