Started Mar 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ThomasMiller
Senior MemberPosts: 2,735
Like?
My D700 Disaster Shoot
Mar 15, 2009

Well...today I had a quick one to shoot a baby. All was well, but like a total genius I left my SB600's in my 2nd car, which my wife had taken off with earlier.

No problem! I wisked out a pair of hot lights (floods) and set up a pink background to start. Then the mother panicked when she realized she left her bag of baby outfits home. Okay...no problem, we found something that was okay and went downstairs to find the flood bulbs were dead. Okay, no problem, I dug in the garage for my spares and found that my son had backed his 150 lb ride-on Jeep over them.

Okay....PROBLEM!

So I used 100 watt bulbs and cranked up the ISO. The mother was already happy to come back as she really wanted some costume changes. And I was happy about that because my kit was far from ready.

So all the same she liked the shots we took, but I struggled with the lights and WB and the pink BG throwing things off. Oh well....here are some samples!

Comments are welcome.....

Cheers,

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow