G1 with Canon FD

Started Mar 13, 2009 | Discussions thread
Mingjai
Senior MemberPosts: 1,231Gear list
Like?
Re: G1 with Canon FD
In reply to emory, Mar 13, 2009

Really, all you have to do is run a search for "Panasonic G1 adapter" on ebay and you'll get a list of about 10-15 different adapters. The jinfinance FD, which I also own, runs $93. There's a new supplier from Poland that prices his at $75.

The difference as far as I can tell is that the jinfinance adapter has a moving ring that allows you to turn the adapter pin, while all the other adapters require you do these strange gyrations when you mount the lens to the adapter--it's not too bad really as far as I know, first turn the lens counterclockwise, then clockwise until the lens locks in place.

Just FYI--my jinfinance FD adapter seems to focus just a smidge past infinity (maybe 2mm in the focus ring). No big deal, since it's better then not focusing to infinity.

Mingjai's gear list:Mingjai's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow