Started Mar 12, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jimbojack
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Myanmar (Burma) - Kalaw to Inle Trek
Mar 12, 2009

These photos are from a 3 day, 67 kilometer trek that I went on between the city of Kalaw and Inle Lake in Myanmar.

Hinkhar khone, Palung tribe village

U.N. educational posters, adapted to the region by teaching to count using water buffaloes. Taung Lar village

Various photos

Pa Ho tribe woman working in the field. The Thanaka (makeup) on her face is very common in Myanmar.

Pa Ho village, the women here cultivate and dry chili peppers before selling them in local markets. Some go as far as Mandalay or Yangon

Young monk

Pa Ho village school

Scenery

Monastery at Pae Tu Bauk, a Taung Thu tribe village. With the permission of the chief monk, we spent the night in the main hall of this monastery.

Taung Thu tribe women

Various photos

During the dry season many people send their water buffaloes to Inle lake for about 4 months. They arrange this with people who live by the lakes, no money is exchanged. The family receiving the buffalo can use it to plow land during this time, but must take care of it and feed it. At the end of the dry season the buffaloes are returned to their original owners and start working on those fields in preparation for the planting of new crops.

Small spider

Woman making coconut pancakes, Indein

Local man showing his protective tattoos, Indein. The tattoo design is different for everyone and depends on what the Astrologist says is lucky/protective.

Boat trip around Inle lake

I hope you enjoyed this series, more photos from my trips are on my website

-- hide signature --

Phillip

Travel Photos and more
http://www.jimbojack.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow