ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dan1e
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
1D Mark III Recall/Repair UPDATE
Mar 10, 2009

Hi all

Returned my 2x Mark 3's before Xmas last year (the Mirror fix didn't take) to Canon UK to be callibrated. Cameras returned in the New Year with a invoice stating "Calibrated auto focus system to factory standards."

Canon said that if this didn't work I should again return the cameras with all my lenses to get matched. Again, after some testing discovered that both bodies were no better.

I was just about to return them again with the lenses when the recall/calibration was announced. Registered with Canon; got an email to arrange pickup; asked Canon could I returned the lenses as well under this scheme? I was told that I should wait to see how this repair went as I should see a marked improvement in the cameras focusing ability.

Got a call from Canon yesterday to say that they had checked their records on the repair made to my cameras before Xmas and that the new AF/Err99 repair now being offered was carried out then.

Have to say the new repair has done nothing for my cameras, the centre focus and outer focus points are no better than before.

So I'm again packing up my 2 cameras and 6 lenses to send to Canon on Thursday, If this doesn't work, I don't know what I'll do, wish me luck!

Danny

dan1e's gear list:dan1e's gear list
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow